• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

mule motor test stand

nickd

Anyone have one? I have a couple of mule motors that need rebuilding and I want to build a stand for test running them. Pictures would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Nick

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nick, I would think the bottom of a 6.2 engine can could be adapted pretty easily. If you wanted something smaller to start with, I have the skid mount from a MEP016 genset that might be a starting base to make one.

nickd

Thanks Charlie, thats kinda what I had in mind. I have the motor mounted on the standard autozone/pep boys stand but I am concerned the bell housing will not stand for the stress of the motor running and cause it to snap. There is enough clearance for the flywheel and electric starter. The motor turns over freely with a wrench. Its ready to start up. I have delayed start up until I can ensure the test run will not be a final fatal run!

Charlie

I thought about checking with Bill and David to see if they had an old transmission case that was not usable that could be used to build a stand like Darryl built. I think I will see if I can find one.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks