• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Guy from NC

K45

Hey yall, my name is Kenny. I have been looking on this site off and on for close to a year. now that I am coming close to owning my 1st M1009. I figured I would join and bone up on everything. I am not a stranger to the GM stuff. I have a 79 K5 so the transisition should be pretty smooth. I am also a big VW guy and would really like to get an Iltis but to difficult to get ahold of one.

I currently work for the local government with enviroment issues. I just got engaged this past Easter. I am Appstate Fan as well. I do not know what else to say but Hey and thanks for having me on this site.

K45

Thanks yall. I am still trying to get used to the newest update. I wore out the resources section with the for sale items and now it is different. I will see what I can do about meeting up. I might have to be in civi vehicle :razz:.

O yeah I hope yall like my avatar. i have been working on it for awhile since I got out of the Marines. Trying to show some honor ro our different branches of service.

you have to enjoy that 70-24 on Wofford. :-D

AMGeneral

Welcome Kenny,not too many of us in WNC,but the number is rising every day!! The monthly meeting is held at the Golden Corral in Hickory on the second Saturday of every month,you don't have to drive an MV to it. I'm about 45 minutes west of you in Morganton.

K45

Welcome Kenny,not too many of us in WNC,but the number is rising every day!! The monthly meeting is held at the Golden Corral in Hickory on the second Saturday of every month,you don't have to drive an MV to it. I'm about 45 minutes west of you in Morganton.
If it is where I think it is, it is about 25 min from my house. Here are some pics of my 2 steel soldiers ( more like security guards,but you get the point.)

IMG_2039a.jpg

IMG_2707a.jpg

Last edited:

MDSA

Welcome

Welcome, Kenny. I'm less than an hour west of you in Valdese, about 5 minutes from AMGeneral. It seems we have at least one other kenny out this way, or I'm experiencing Deja Vu all over again.

Anyway welcome. Hope to meet you soon.

Brian

K45

Thanks for the great welcome I did not notice before how many members are so close to me.

Alsounfornately I do not have a military vehicle. I am still try to find the right CUCV for me. I found one but its going to need alot of work, so I will keep seraching and see.

Thanks for the compliament abotu the avatar. i just tried to show some respect to all the services.

neilhendrix

In Memorial
In Memorial
Kenny This weekend will be a sparce meetin g. Most of us ,I think will be in Raleigh for the parade. I`m leaving Reidsville about 5am to hook up in raleigh to convoy to the parade. I`ll hook up with you at the rest stop on I 85 just west of Burlington if you want.

Neil

K45

Thanks yall. i would really enjoy going up to Raleigh and seeing the parade. Unfortnately my Fiances mom is having surgury so I am being there for them. O well hopefully I will have my own by next year and I can join yall.

K45

Thanks I will have to do that some time. i fixed my attachements now you can see my steel security guards. :-D Since they are not quite up to the soldier level. My k5 does have a cucv front 1 ton axle and I have a set of front and rear cucv bumpers.

K45

If I rememeber right thats on Highway 742 between Chesterfield SC and Wadesboro. I have a good friend who used to live in Wadesboro and went down theri several times. It is good to hear about all these Carolina guys here.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks