• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

grayling fall ride

is anyone going to attend the fall color trail ride in grayling michigan this comming weekend ? i signed up for this event at the clair michigan show and swap meet and i thought i would hear somthing from them by now but nothing yet. just going to show up and hope its still on. if anyone has any more info on this let me know please . northern mi iron Dave P

odjeeper

Yep, We're Still On...

Howdy Dave,
I just found this new forum and had to get a new password as my old one was no longer valid. WE ARE DEFINITELY STILL ON FOR NEXT WEEKEND!! Sorry I was not able to mail you the flyer directly, by the time they were ready, this site had disappeared and I had not thought to copy your address down so was not able to access it. There is a pretty good number of registrations already in and it looks like it will be a decent event in spite of the $3/gallon fuel costs. We do not usually send out confirmation packets prior to the event so you have not missed out on anything yet. Look forward to seeing you at the Color Tour.

Brian

Hi all, just returned home from Grayling michigan fall coler tour trail ride. what a great bunch of people. wife and i had a blast as i think did everyone else. we are hoping to talk some of our kids into attending next year as this is truly a well planned fun family event. we took the xm818 and we were surprised at the performance on the hills in the sand. excellent trails from mild to WILD! many thanks to all who made this possible. great job. Dave P northern mi iron

odjeeper

Glad You Could Make It...

It was great to meet you and your wife Dave, bet your kids would have a wonderful time as well. If you can talk them into a weekend with Mom & Dad that is. I have heard lots of very good comments from most of the attendees, only one so far preferred our old campsite over the new one. It was nice to explore new trails with the vehicles for a change, should give me an excuse to do even more exploring to prepare for next year. Having such a facility as Camp Grayling available to us is a real opportunity that not many places can enjoy. At over 1/4 million acres, it is the largest state-owned military training facility in the lower 48 and the largest military training site east of the Mississippi, regardless of ownership. To add to that, much of it is surrounded by state forest lands that we have access to on our ride. We did not even get to several of the trails I had planned for this year, and used less than half the area we had allotted to us for the event.

Rattlehead

Good people, good fun

Hi all, finally got signed back on to the new forum. It was good meeting you and your wife, Dave. We made it back on Sunday with no problem...except we had to stop for a burger and beer to give us, umm I mean the truck, a chance to rest.

I just loaded this avatar, it was a pic of me winching out of a mud hole at the Battle Creek trail ride this spring. The angle of the truck in this pic looks like it did in a couple of places last weekend. I am thinking I should put an inclinometer on the dash!

Already looking forward to future events!

cjtroutt

CW2 26 BDE HHC S6
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sound like fun I been waiting for some fun been a long time for me.
I cant make it but looks dim for me been waiting for some parts for front axle Dana 60.
373 ring & pnion & Carrier.

citizensoldier

Sound like fun I been waiting for some fun been a long time for me.
I cant make it but looks dim for me been waiting for some parts for front axle Dana 60.
373 ring & pnion & Carrier.
Just come up .. Boy this is a old thread you dug up.. There is always open spots for people to ride.
I used to live out very close to where your at. I graduated from Flushing..

cjtroutt

CW2 26 BDE HHC S6
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a an another axle I can run The 14 bolt that was in my CUCV the 4.56 gear set is way to high of road gear
I dont have GM 6.2L in my M1028A2 I have Cummins 6BTAAC.
low rpm engine.

citizensoldier

I have a an another axle I can run The 14 bolt that was in my CUCV the 4.56 gear set is way to high of road gear
I dont have GM 6.2L in my M1028A2 I have Cummins 6BTAAC.
low rpm engine.
Man! Well it would probably work good for the trail ride we go very slow heck most M37's and jeeps only go 40 down hill with a tail wind! lol. and you could keep the RPM's down.. No way of trailering it up? Sounds like a cool truck..

cjtroutt

CW2 26 BDE HHC S6
Steel Soldiers Supporter
yes it would work well but I would half to have truck trailer up do to top speed of 40 mph and yes 40 mph top
speed the cummins is only 2200 RPM 6.2L was 3600 Rpm top speed 64 MPH.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks