• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

new guy in Maine

drewmech

Hey another new guy to the site. Looking to buy a m1009 shortly and an M35A2 in 6 months or so. I'm 26 been in the U.S. Navy for the last 8 1/2 years. Currently freezing in Maine hoping for some place warmer next tour. No stranger to GM trucks/cars though. Thanks for giving this gear head in uniform a place to find gears that use to be in uniform.

K45

Hey as far as m1009 locating I have seen several in NY and NJ that about as close to Maine as I have seen. Might have to try local adds and craigslist to find your vehicle. Good luck and thanks for your service.

hole

Welcome drewmech! My sister lives in northern Maine and said they've been getting earlier than normal snow, appearently its not a good sign if you dont like long cold winters;-). Good luck on your MV quest and try and stay warm!

drewmech

Thank you for the warm welcome. Keeping warm in Maine isn't to hard. People just look at me funny cause all of my cold weather gear is intended to be hunting gear. The only plus about Maine is you don't have any issues getting or keeping your beer cold. I've been checking out craigslist for a MV. The issue is the environment on the roads up here. The salt tends to chew up vechiles. Not looking for a pile of iron ore on wheels. I'll keep digging around. The one good thing about being in the military is the ability to jsut walk over to the DRMO office and ask about what their going to get rid of. As for my service it is my pleasure and honor to be in uniform.

drewmech

Eh your talking to a Texas native. Maine is always cold to me. Time frame is up in the air. Figured I'll look around till I find a solid vechile. Thank you for the help any and all leads are appreciated.

Engine5

Howdy,
Welcome to the site, it is a great place to be. As far as the M1009 , there is a member in NH that has his hands on a nice M1009. PM me if you want the info.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks