• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

nice setup on ebay

THEROAD

Ida beat me to it. This is designed to filter water not diesel. The first two filters are typical filters for removing particulates from drinking water. A true POS

THEROAD

I pump diesel around for my boats. I use 12 and 120V pumps rated for diesel. Not cheap. They have impellers that are designed to pump diesel and waste motor oil. I think the impellers are viton. The ebay system appears based on a water pump, using water sedimate filters. I even wonder if the pump is rated for continuous duty. If you want to filter wmo or wvo it should be a contiouous duty pump. It may be cheap; but don't use it in a building. Looks like a fire hasard to me.

TACTICAL6

If you have pics of your system, I would like to see them. I want to build a system, and obviously want to do it right. Your experience is appreciated.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Guys, we have alot of threads on filtering. A quick search should net you alot of reading. I have tried many ways and have settled on a pneumatic powered barrel pump that pumps through a set of multifuel filters(I had a spare housing of secondary and final filters from a motor) and then through a Fleetguard FS1000. It works great and anyone from the Ga Rally can tell you how well it worked. I like the setup because all the filters will pull out water in the fuel. I also plumbed in pressure guages befor each filter so it helps tell me which filter is clogged. The filters tend to collapse(sp?) above 100psi, so I can regulate how fast(how much pressure) the pump works. I have found with the heavy oils, cutting it with gas helps speed the process. I might try to add pics to this thread later, but have a busy weekend ahead of me.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks