• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

St.Charles,MO Smartt Field Hanger Dance

Hookin1

I went to this hanger dance at St.Charles,MO. It is based on WWII theme,
But they where happy to have my 71 duece in the convoy.This was the first year for the convoy. Perry Locke (US 2nd Ranger Infantry Battalion Dog Company St. Louis Missouri) organized it with the Confederate Air Force at Smartt Field, Who operate the B-25 (Show Me). There where 12 vehicles in the convoy, We crossed 3 ferrys and went through a state park.It was a blast,until the alternator went south in the duece in the middle of the convoy. Afterwords they had a hanger dance at the airfield and we displayed our vehicles with the planes, which included the B-25, A C-47,and a torpedo bomber. Everyone was decked out in WWII uniforms and related era civilian clothing. If you get a chance it is a real fun event, the Confederate Air Force puts it on every year to raise money for the planes upkeep.
When I get the pictures I will post them. Also there was a gentleman there from Defence Magazine there taking pictures.
:D

Lance Coffman
Evansville,IN
Hookin1@excite.com
Mvpa # 28810
M35A2
M105A2

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks