• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Went for a ride and found a DUKW

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Decided to go for a ride today and about 30 minutes away had to do a double take as there was a DUKW sitting in the weeds beside the road! Looked complete-even had the bows on it. It was the typical Louisana rusty though. Neighbor was not home and I did not try to go to the owners "house" (camper). Place was a fenced in small lot had lots of dogs and protected by armed guard signs. The 2 fake skulls on the fence were the final determining factor why I decided not to jump the fence and check it out.:roll: I think the best route is to try and get ahold of the neighbor to see what info he has. What are the most expensive parts for a DUKW? Don't think the tub on this would be feasable to restore, just parts.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The DUKW is the floating version of the CCKW, most of the mechanical parts are the same. The issue will be rust repair on the hull, which is a PITA from what I have heard. Hope it finds a home, when restored those DUKWs are worth a small fortune.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
last year i talked to the owner, WILL NOT SELL, it was there still about three weeks ago when i went to port sulphur, he also has some trailers and two of those swedish? articulated cold weather track snow machines

Capt Pat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Was happy to see you were not talking about the one in the tree in South Amherst, Ohio. THAT one is truely a shame, it sat long enough for a sizeable tree to grow up through it and lift it physically six feet off the ground. There are two CCKW dumper's rotting away close by also.

nutt68

parts

Was happy to see you were not talking about the one in the tree in South Amherst, Ohio. THAT one is truely a shame, it sat long enough for a sizeable tree to grow up through it and lift it physically six feet off the ground. There are two CCKW dumper's rotting away close by also.
willl they sell parts off these 3162950321

Wayofftrack

I'd sure love to see a picture of that!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks