• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M38 canvas help needed

dogtags

I am looking for photos, drawing, and other bis of info about the canvas top for the M38. I am trying to install it on the museum's ( http://mvmwisconsin.com ) M38 and am running into a snag.

I have the top on and the doors are easy to figure out also, what is getting me though is that there seems to be some type of support that runs along the top needed from the windshield to the rear side curtains. The side curtain has a rod that goes into a pocket on the body behind/alongside the seat. From there is goes up to the top and connects where?

Thanks guys.

m38inmaine

There should be a rod going from the windshield frame top corner back to where the door/side curtian rod intersects the top bows. If you need pictures can post them tomorrow.

Mark

dogtags

So it looks like it goes from the windshield to the top bow, correct? Is this something someone could fab easily or is it pretty unique?

~Robert

smigp

easy to make

Robert.. If you haven't gotten this taken care of.. They're pretty easy to make..
But.. you need the fitting that goes at the top of the virtical rod.. or something to hold both rods together..
I'll try to check back in a day or two..
I can give you my e-mail -or- phone then you can contact me if you want.
Paul S.

CGarbee

If my memory serves me correctly, Dave at WeeBee Webbing has a dimensioned drawing of the rod and retainer clips on his website.
I had to fabricate a setup for one of my M38's...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks