• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New from Michigan

dunedigger

Just picked up a M1009 last weekend. Great site to learn from. Lots of good info here. I had a couple hour drive to bring it home and one of the alternators went out along the way, hardly had any lights when I pulled in the driveway, so I'm waiting for the parts should be here tomorrow, can't wait to get back on the road.

TedG

Welcome to SS! Owosso? A couple of my co-workers live there...

M1009, me thinks I have parts for them!:-D

citizensoldier

Welcome! I am Familiar with Owosso.. Grew up in the Flushing, and Flint area.. Glad to have another in the Michigan clan. I picked up a M1009 this summer so my wife had something to drive. Well its now my daily driver and I love it. I always loved the K5's I had in the past and never thought I would own another one..WRONG! :roll: Great group of guys here.. :-D

jfnemt1ff1

Welcome

You should find a great group of guys up their. They do alot of rides and things for the area. I just moved from there and would like to still get up there to some of the eventa up there.
John

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
dunedigger,
By chance were you in Troy/Clawson this past Monday? Saw an M1009 that I've never seen before.

citizensoldier

You should find a great group of guys up their. They do alot of rides and things for the area. I just moved from there and would like to still get up there to some of the eventa up there.
John
Hated to see you go jfnemt1ff1.. We miss you! Come back and visit often.. Maybe the trail ride of 2009? Or you could have a Iowa trail ride.. I would come to that!!!

dunedigger

dunedigger,
By chance were you in Troy/Clawson this past Monday? Saw an M1009 that I've never seen before.

Nope broght it back home last Saturday, just picked it up. Got it from the thumb area and drove to port huron and then down 69 to Owosso. Now it sits in the driveway very broken :cry:

jeremythe67t

I am new on here from charlotte mi, just picked up a m1009 1985 someone painted it ford blue, and disconected teh glow plugs for some odd reason, and it has no brakes, but runs perfect

Armada

Welcome dunedigger. I'm originally from Owosso and I usually go out there on the weekends to see my folks. My brother, Pappa-G on this site, lives out there too. Another brother, not a member here, drives his M1009 everyday to work in Owosso. So if you see any mv's running around the Owosso area chances are they are one of us. We've been known to go to Silver Lake dunes a couple times a year also. If I see your truck going down the road I'll flag you down.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks