• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New member in VA

pred8tr

Hey folks. New member here in VA. I joined because I am thinking about a m1008 or m1009.

I am questioning the ability of the m1008 to perform as a decent tow rig though and that's what led me here. Problem is the auction closes tomorrow so I have some decisions to make. Ultimately, if I decide the m1008 isn't an ideal tow rig I will probably try for am m1009 because the shorter wheel base would make it better offroad... the downside of that is I lose the 1ton axles.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What are you planning to tow? The M1008 does pretty well by virtue of the 4.56 gears. You won't be able to tow much with the 09. Oh, welcome to the site!

pred8tr

Primarily I was hoping to be able to tow other project vehicles home without difficulty, another primary function was to be able to tow a ~30ft travel trailer. A bonus would have been to be able to tow a goose neck with a couple of vehicles on it like hauling 4x4's to off-road events etc...

Blake

CUCV's in Virginia

If you are looking for a CUCV and dont want to go the auction route Ive got several CUCV Blazers and a CUCV pickup that are ready to go for sale and are known good trucks. 37K-99K miles. 1984-1986. $2500-$4500obo. All have clear VA titles and ready to go.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks