• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

NASA Airshow

CliffW

Just wanted to post some pictures for the air show last weekend. I was one of the rescuers divers for if one of the aircrafts went down. Hope you like them. Took about 800 pictures over the three days. These was the best of them.

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Any cool heritage flights? Loved to see the B52 with the B17 a few years back. What is the sam heck do you have for a camera?

Last edited:

rattlecan6104

the blue angels are pretty bad ass, but I have one issue with them. In my first squadron VAQ-129, we did multiple 1 month dets to NAF El Centro, the winter training grounds for the blue angels. The main rule that had to be followed was that the have presedence and right of way over everyone no matter what. No arcraft flying while they fly, no ground movement while they are on deck, etc. We are trying to train aircrew for war to protect ground troops, and we have to work our flight schedules and maintenance around the blue angel's schedule. We had to wait out of the way of their camera crews even when we had an aircraft make an emergency landing, and needed recovery. I understand it is their base, however I feel our mission was more important than theirs. More than anything they are a recruitment tool, VAQ squadrons provide electronic warfare that jams enemy electronics, and intel, providing a safer environment for the troops on the ground in the fight, and protection for the aircraft protecting them. Im sorry about the rant but I just feel strongly about protecting our troops on the ground. Every time I see the blue angels, im reminded of those B.S. rules at El Centro.aua

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Holy Cow!!! What kind of camera do you have?

Those are probably the best shots I have ever seen from an air show.

littlebob

Thanks for posting the pics. If that was the Blue Angels homecoming in Pensacola, FL I was
there and it was an awsome show. The first thing I realized when we got therer was I didn't have a camera. We also went back to the Museum on Sunday to see the change of the Boss of the team. Cool Stuff!
littlebob

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks