• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CJ10a Tug

Rebelpride

Here are some pics of my 1985 Jeep CJ10a Tug that I won a few months ago. When I got it it was missing the GP's, oil dipstick, and alt./vacuum pump. I found some glow plugs for it and installed them. And managed to get it to run on either. Then Sat. I tested the Gp's to make sure they were good, then checked to make sure they were getting power, then I unscrewed an injector line and made sure that the pump was pumping fuel. Unscrewed the fuel filter and decided to replace it just because. Found that the injector pump on the SD33 engine contains a priming pump. So I filled the filter with fuel, installed it then primed the system good, gave it a shot of either and it fired right up. Cranks up with alot of smoke and smokes some, but I figure it may be b/c of old fuel. Also had to hook the ignition switch back up as it was unhooked for some reason. And to shut it off you have to pull a cable like on the deuce.

Thinking of removing the weight under the bed and installing a heated veg. oil tank of similar proportion. Need a Dodge NP208 Tcase so that I can drive over 21mph, and I havent decided whether to regear the D70 axle from 4.88 to 3.54 or find some Jeep axles to put under it.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks