• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Veggie Oil Mix

motormayhem

I have a friend who runs his f250 on a mix of filtered vegetable oil, diesel, gas, and a diesel additive. I put a little in my cucv m1009 and it seemed to run fine, although it was a little harder to start. Does anyone else run this? Concerns/Complaints about this setup. The veggie oil is filtered to 5 microns and run through a water separator.

Thanks,
Miles

gt1009

I throw my WMO and what little WVO we make at home into a bucket in the garage and filter it down to 1 micron and run 5-10% in my cucv. It does make it hard to start in winter though. I am not running it anymore till summer as it is close to or below freezing when I leave in the morning now and I need all the ease starting I can get.

motormayhem

I throw my WMO and what little WVO we make at home into a bucket in the garage and filter it down to 1 micron and run 5-10% in my cucv. It does make it hard to start in winter though. I am not running it anymore till summer as it is close to or below freezing when I leave in the morning now and I need all the ease starting I can get.
I believe the mix he used is 10% diesel, 5% gas, and 85% veggie oil. I live in az so it is like 50 when I start in the morning. :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks