• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Why are threads or posts erased?

miltruckman

Hello,

I have a question about what guidelines are used to determine that a thread will be deleted.

I started a thread about GovLiquidation eliminating all auctions for military vehicles. This thread was titled appropriately.

Soon after a member commented that this subject was being addressed under:

"Ummmm, what??"

That is great.

But, now my thread has been eliminated?

Do I need to research all threads before I make any posts so as not to accidentally duplicate a subject? Even threads titled: "Ummmm, what??"

If so, how far back should I go? The same day? The same week?

Maybe this policy helps to clean up the forum, but it is also discourteous to delete a thread a member started that happens to cover some of the same information as another.

Bill
Michigan

miltruckman

Maybe you should change the title to the earlier thread to one that is related to what the subject is actually about?

instead of "Ummmm, what??"

So people can recognize and find it in the future.

Bill
Michigan

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
People need to work on coming up with more descriptive thread headings.

This is a topic that has been discussed before. Unfortunately, if the moderators were to go around renaming people's threads, they would probably complain.

54reo

Maybe you should change the title to the earlier thread to one that is related to what the subject is actually about?

instead of "Ummmm, what??"

So people can recognize and find it in the future.

Bill
Michigan
Sorry for the stupid thread title, guess I'm not too bright...

Mike, I can't figure out how to change the thread title, so feel free to change it to whatever it needs to be.

mangus580

I have been too damn busy merging the threads to worry about the name...

I have done 8 so far. 3 of them at one sitting.... changing the name wont help.

People wanna report the 'news' and dont read first....

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
What is the imperative to merge threads?, if it's just because they cover the same item or topic your going to be a busy webmaster.....

mangus580

What is the imperative to merge threads?, if it's just because they cover the same item or topic your going to be a busy webmaster.....

there is no reason to have a dozen threads talking about the EXACT same thing on the same day....

People start to post in duplicate... it makes things very hard to follow.

Hey... I coulda deleted them all...

devilman96

there is no reason to have a dozen threads talking about the EXACT same thing on the same day....

People start to post in duplicate... it makes things very hard to follow.

Hey... I coulda deleted them all...
I have a list of thread suggestions if your gonna start axing them! Anything with....

What filter...
What belt...
What wheel...
What voltage...
What key...
12v / 24v...
Glow plug...
Controler...
Tire size...
Will not start...
Starter...

The usual 50 we see WEEK after WEEK after WEEK after WEEK!!!! Which is just WEAK!

Yeah I know... I'ma arse!!!

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor

rizzo

I have a list of thread suggestions if your gonna start axing them! Anything with....

What filter...
What belt...
What wheel...
What voltage...
What key...
12v / 24v...
Glow plug...
Controler...
Tire size...
Will not start...
Starter...

The usual 50 we see WEEK after WEEK after WEEK after WEEK!!!! Which is just WEAK!

Yeah I know... I'ma arse!!!

how about a "Newbie" section? where they can post all the repetive questions and look for all the answers to those questions. If you don't like to see the repetive questions you don't have to look there and vica versa. I see these on almost all the FTA forums.

unfortunatly it does not mean they will use them.

SasquatchSanta

I just did a search of all of my previous posts and only found 500.

Not knowing whether the remainder of my 952 posts are in the old site I pulled up Recovery 4X4s posts. He also only has 500 posts that are retreivable.

Has something been set up that delets the oldest post after 500?

If so I've made my last post until I can go in and retrieve data from many of the threads that I've posted. I've used Steel Soldiers as a file cabinet for the projects like the LDS engine install, pre-lub project, M37 Pumpkin project and many others. I did so without making back-up.

"IF" my older (those older than 500) posts have been deleted it's going to be a big disappointment.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks