• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Surprise email from GL

TACTICAL6

surprise!! surprise!!

6 months ago I purchased some field gear on GL. Today I receive an email saying they changed the demil code and now they want a EUC on the items. Anyone else have an issue like this?

HAWKMAN

I've been dealing with this for the last year. I return the junk from the lot and tell them I've sold the rest that usually satisfies them....but don't expect a full refund even if you return the complete lot.I returned two HUMVEE noses and a transmission that cost me $155.00 total, they sent me a refund of $91.00 everytime I e-mailed/called/wrote/talked to GL's HQ I got the standard,"we'll look into it" I'm personally done with them and their shady dealings. Just my 2cents worth.

m.walker

I've received that letter and email 5 or 6 times and ignored it . If they decide to start sending it again ( its been a while - 6 mos. ) I think I'll respond by saying just like they do " pay first then you get it "!

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Well, not to sound like a dick, but if it is asked for, Uncle Sam wants it. Its a good idea to fill it out. They just want to make sure you are not a "bad people". If they ask for it back later and you have it, its a good idea to give it back. If you sold it or used it as trading stock, thats fine, just tell them the truth. It really isn't that big of a deal. This is what happens when you deal with goverment surplus stuff.

m.walker

Their explanation of how I would be reimbursed was a joke , yet they offered nothing for the hours I spent picking it up or taking it back . I still think they need to pay in advance just like we do .

ida34

Tell them you have changed your policy and now you will charge their credit card immediately. Then in a couple of weeks or months you can tell them that they have now passed the background check you did and they can come get it by appointment only any day as long as it is on Saturday between 11:45 pm and 11:46 pm. Send them to a secondary location since you site is unmanned. When they call at 1am saying they have been waiting tell them that something came up and they will need to come back again in two weeks. Make sure by the time they actual get it that something in the lot has been stolen or vandalized. Make sure to attach a 10% buyers premium to the final refund amount.

dirtyfingernails

I'm a little confused. Are some of you being charged up front for EUC items? I recently won an EUC item and my credit card was not charged. My EUC just went to Battle creek. I figured they'd charge it once I was cleared--which may be a while based on the GL situation currently.

dm22630

Tell them you have changed your policy and now you will charge their credit card immediately. Then in a couple of weeks or months you can tell them that they have now passed the background check you did and they can come get it by appointment only any day as long as it is on Saturday between 11:45 pm and 11:46 pm. Send them to a secondary location since you site is unmanned. When they call at 1am saying they have been waiting tell them that something came up and they will need to come back again in two weeks. Make sure by the time they actual get it that something in the lot has been stolen or vandalized. Make sure to attach a 10% buyers premium to the final refund amount.

:funny: rofl

Michael

I'm a little confused. Are some of you being charged up front for EUC items? I recently won an EUC item and my credit card was not charged. My EUC just went to Battle creek. I figured they'd charge it once I was cleared--which may be a while based on the GL situation currently.

You probably weren't charged because of the current situation.

ida34

I think they just started charging before the EUC clears then will refund the money if your EUC does not clear.

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
The current contract between DoD and GL(http://www.secinfo.com/d11MXs.t1h4f.d.htm#1stPage ), which of course was written by DoD, addresses this specifically.

"Certain property identified for return may have already been resold by the Contractor and no longer in the Contractor’s possession. DRMS suggests the Contractor advise resale buyers that due to national security, the Government may ask for the return of property. Contractor will be required to inform their customer of the property’s status and request that it be returned. Contractor agrees to withhold further sales participation from customers who are non-responsive or who refuse to return the property still within their possession."

The contract requires that GL send two notices, 21 days apart. AND, it requires that GL turn over the name, address and all information of those who do not respond to this request to the DoD. And - it requires that those who ignore these letters be banned from buying additonal surplus property. This last part sounds like a suggestion in the first few pages of the contract, but on down in it (Article 11, Section 3, paragraphs C-E). it is not a suggestion, but a requirement. Also, specifically, this person is placed on a Do Not Sell list that is prepared by DoD. GL has to check bidders against this DoD list prior to each sale - so complaining to GL or your credit card or your mother won't help - its DoD's list, not GL's.

The contract also specifically states that if the first resale buyer (you) has already resold the property, the tracking it down ends there.

Now, anybody who goes on line and says "I'm going to lie to the government and say I sold it", or "you shoud lie to the government and say you sold it", about whether or not they have sold such property is more than a few bricks short of a load.

The commercial venture contractor (GL) is required by this contract, under penalty of huge fines (50% of the acquisition cost of the item in question - in the case of a deuce, about 20 grand) to put forth a reasonable effort to retrieve this material from their customer (but not their customer's customer). And, it is apparent that GL knows how to use the internet.

Regards,
David

Last edited:

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
I got one of these on a dolly lift set I just went on line and filled one out and sent it in. I did tell them it would not include a copy of my licence because they already have a copy of it from the previous E"UC they never bothered me again on it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks