• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need some help with NSN and parts for mobiflex command post tent

ida34

I just got a Mobiflex command post tent. I can not find an NSN. Does anyone know an NSN for this thing? Does anyone know the pub number? I would like to find an electronic copy of the manual. The one I got needs several lugs replaced. If anyone knows of a source for the replacement lugs or hubs I would appreciate any help. If nothing else I am going to see about getting some made.

Thanks
Chuck

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mobiflex dumped all their spare parts a year or 2 ago.. So unless you can find another tent to get parts from, its not looking good unless you make your own. PM me a fax #, I'll send you a copy of the manual. It's only a few pages long, and it's not the one that Stonepicker says.

kperry9823

There are people out there, like myself , who have a limited amount of replacement parts .

The best advice I can give to tent owners is not to follow the instructions that came with the tent for erection and take down.

Prior to the military scrapping these tents, I re wrote the tech data on how to take care of these tents but could not get the engineers at ARP to sign off on the new procedure.

the tents were phased out and a few of us lucky ones got a chance to acquire one or two of them.

I will be happy to pass on the best way to put up and take down the command post tent without damaging it.

kperry9823@cox.net

kperry9823

I'm new here, is there a specific area to post that information?

Also another note, I ordered parts from ARP before they discontinued this tent and also spoke with the person I had worked with while I was trying to get the tech data changed. she sent me a copy of the tent manual and after re reading it last night, they did incorporate a couple of the changes I recommended but not all....engineers again!!!

Again, happy to help anyone who is interested in listening to me!!

Kurt

kperry9823@cox.net

kperry9823

Mobiflex dumped all their spare parts a year or 2 ago.. So unless you can find another tent to get parts from, its not looking good unless you make your own. PM me a fax #, I'll send you a copy of the manual. It's only a few pages long, and it's not the one that Stonepicker says.
I would be interested in comparing the instructions you have with the ones I have. I contacted the tech rep I had worked with at ARP shortly before they ceased production and she sent me the latest manual and a bag of lugs..(not for free).

I love these tents and my personal best is from bag to completely set up in just under 5 minutes and that includes the rain fly.

kperry9823

I wont disagree that they are a bit delicate, however, those of us who have them and have taken the time to learn how to use them, like them a lot.

The crew shelter, which is the short 4 foot tent is quite sturdy but lacks the headroom that makes the command post so popular.

this tents biggest advantage is its short setup time and its self contained no extra parts construction.

The tents that were bought to replace it made by Drash and TVI use a similar concept but stronger...heavier, materials.

I will take my 90 lb mobiflex thank you very much

kperry9823

I beg to differ,

knowledge is power, A little bit of knowledge and understanding of the principles around which this tent is designed make very user friendly.

Im just saying!!!!!

kperry9823

That is in fact its biggest weakness, it isnt soldier proof and doesnt stand up to being thrown on or off the back of a truck.

My biggest frustration was sending out tents in good condition for deployment and getting back junk. No matter how many classes I had for training, it didnt help so we switched over to a Drash system.

For light camping, you cant beat them and as long as you dont fracture the hubs, its possible to make replacement lugs out of several different materials.

as far as spare parts go, I would be willing to bet that there are lots of them sitting in some forgotten corner of some salvage yard somewhere. I know I sent over 40 of these tents to DRMO and have been told that the military pretty much did away with all of them. Its just a matter of having someone recognize what they are looking at if they do stumble across them.

Kurt

DUECE-COUPE

I’m looking for some of the bases used for the command tent. I have knuckles I can trade. I have a complete frame and tent. No fly yet. I think I can reassemble the frame I have if I can get the feet. Any help would do. I can pay for both trips.

M37B1 1965

That is in fact its biggest weakness, it isnt soldier proof and doesnt stand up to being thrown on or off the back of a truck.

My biggest frustration was sending out tents in good condition for deployment and getting back junk. No matter how many classes I had for training, it didnt help so we switched over to a Drash system.

For light camping, you cant beat them and as long as you dont fracture the hubs, its possible to make replacement lugs out of several different materials.

as far as spare parts go, I would be willing to bet that there are lots of them sitting in some forgotten corner of some salvage yard somewhere. I know I sent over 40 of these tents to DRMO and have been told that the military pretty much did away with all of them. Its just a matter of having someone recognize what they are looking at if they do stumble across them.

Kurt
Hi Kurt,
I have a command post tent I’ve rebuilt from used parts,it looks ok once erected but the front section above the door sticks out and one bar going up to the centre wants to collapse once up..?
Do you have an updated manual that tells you which lugs should be solid and which should be plastic,each time I use it I brake another part..
Any help would be appreciated.
Also I haven’t found a single picture of it in military use,,I and when was it used from till..?
Thanks.
Paul.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks