• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Airplane crash kit

FrankUSMC

I spent 16 of my 20 years in Crash Crew while I was a Marine. Today, the crash kit is a canvas tarp that is folded up and stored in one of the compartments of the crash truck. The tarp has storage comparts that held different tools that would add the rescue man in getting into the crashed aircraft. Part of the drill was the rescue man would grap the tarp and open it on the ground as he was running into the crashed aircraft.
I hate to cut this short but company just showed up, I will send some more information later.
One of the few, Frank USMC RET

tlboykin

Airplane Crash Kit

Greetings,
I have the exact box that was used as a tool box by my dad. I think he got it when he flew mail for the military out of Portsmouth Virginia during WWII as a civilian (he had flat feet). I remember seeing it as a boy, I'm now 57. My brother had it until recently and gave it to me for some restoration. I can only assume it was used "just as stated" for some larger aircraft back then as it is quite heavy or maybe as a ground-based resource.
I'd like more info as well.
Regards!:roll:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks