• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m35a2 diesel only?? is it worth it??

Westech

CPL
Hello everyone. I just got a 1969 m35a2c and Im replacing all the rubber hose and head gaskets. Wile Im in there is it worth it to change it over to diesel only, or just keep it stock? I would like a little more power for the long trips, would changing to diesel only and turning up the fuel pres help? thanks!!!!

Desert Rat

Robert,
Yes, bybassing the fuel density compensator makes her diesel only. There is not any gain in performance, just improvement in maintainence schedules due to the fact your not putting any ol kind of fuel in the tank. Does this make sense?

Westech

CPL
so just leave it alone. sounds good to me but what really stinks is that its leaking fuel out of the seals or something. Its been sitting for a month now and there is a pool of fuel on the floor. I have the manual to rebuild it and i am ASE and all that but diesels is a new world to me. If anyone lives in the area and would be willing I would not mind the help.

Desert Rat

Westech,
I'm ASE certified too. However, the tolerances on the injector pump are so tight I recommend using a diesel injector shop. They have the know-how to do it right the first time. All it takes on these pumps is a microscopic piece of dust to ruin them beyond repair. I know because this happened to me. I'm sure these is a dust free diesel injection service there in Madison. It's well worth the $$$. Trust me.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks