• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 TON lockers ?

has anyone ever seen or heard of diff lockers for the 44,000 rockwell's ? we discoverd on the grayling fall color tour ride that diff locker's would be a big advantage for some situation's. air lockers would be the cats hinder but we would settle for whatever if any are availible.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yep, Detroit Lockers are available! The USMC versions of the M813A1s have Detroits in the rear axles. Look up dyneer trachtech.

rmgill

Yep. My M813A1 has detroit lockers in the rear. I haven't had the opportunity to see how they work sadly. And I'm already thinking about downgrading to a 2.5 ton.

rmgill

Yep. My M813A1 has detroit lockers in the rear. I haven't had the opportunity to see how they work sadly. And I'm already thinking about downgrading to a 2.5 ton.

thank you all. i will research this and determine what way we will go. has anyone used these with a good load on? it seems like there is a tremendus amount of wind up on tight turns now due to lack of power divider. kind of makes me wonder how the axel shafts and even the intermediate shaft would take it. boy air lockers would be the ticket!!!

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The trick is to make your sharp turns while coasting. For example a right turn at a stop sign. Take off and go as far as you can straight, then push in the clutch and turn the steering wheel. The locker will release when not under power . Now i realize this isn't always practical. But when possable it will help extend tire life. If you let off the throttle with out pushing in the clutch the locker will "think" it's in reverse and lock in the reverse dogs. They are really strong and i would be inclined to think a axle shaft would give before the locker. I would keep the tires aired to the max so they would slip on the pavement before any damage occured. I do know once you install one you will spend a lot less time getting unstuck!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Also try Reider Racing in MI. They usually have about the best price on Detroits. IIRC deuce Detroits were $385

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks