• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Freeze plugs!

hummin2london

Anybody know where I can get a set of freeze plugs (core plugs, whatever you want to call them) for a turbo motor? I've got one leaking and I dont think there are anyhere in the land of Blimey!

Short of plugs, somebody know what size the plugs are????

Cheers from over here,

Cole
Yank banished to the UK...

Jones

Any idea what the dimensions are? Looks like a set can be cobbled together if the sizes were known. Also, cup type or disc type? We've got several big engine shops here and I can do some shopping for you if you like.

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Have you tried memphis equipment? The prices are high but they have everything.

hummin2london

Thanks guys, it turns out that they are 2" on the money. A little tough to find here in the land of blimey but located a couple at a tractor shop. I like the idea of hte core plug heater fix it. Might be just the ticket if you found yourself on the side of the road bleeding h2o. I wonder if the standard 240V here would make the engine heat up that much quicker or melt the plug element;-)

Cheers!

Warren Lovell

I've used a rubber expansion plug too for years with no problems. Just didn't wanna pay the mechanic to fix the rear freeze plug...the one between the firwall and head. I eventually will make a removeable panel to access it, but whadda bitch that one is!

Warren

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks