• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

First Parade!

Longhunter7

My M37-B1 was finally ready for its first parade!

I got it done just in time for my hometown 40th anniversary parade.

The enclosed picture was taken by a friend and isn't the best quality, but it was nice to have!

Update, 01/07/2006 :arrow:

I just came across a better picture of my M37-B1, just before the above mentioned parade!

Attachments

Longhunter7

Hardware?

Mike_L,

No, I am going to have to do the rear brakes and seals etc. first.

I'll probably have to wait until Spring, to hunt down the missing troop seat parts! I have mechanical things that need priority before the snow flies!

I did the front axle in time for the above mentioned parade!

Hopefully during the Winter, I can round up some of the "nice to have" parts! 8)

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It' sooo cute! Honestly, looks great Rick. Any thoughts on a deisel repower? Love those road oilers!

Longhunter7

Flatheads Forever!

Recovry4X4,

I am trying to restore to original Military condition, or as close as I can get!

My M37-B1 has the original Dodge flathead six in it, with the 24 volt electrical system.

It starts and runs great and with 5:83's in the axles, I won' t be driving over 50 mph anyway!

Rust is never a problem on the flat head, with the external lubrication! :wink:

CGarbee

Great photo, glad that you got it out for the parade... Nothing like an event like that to give the project a boost... Bug me when you need parts or advice as I suspect that I likely have "been there and done that" at least once...
I'll be keeping an eye out for the troop seat hardware for you. Got a buddy who just snagged a M37 or two for parts and will be looking at them soon... Hopefuly, he has some stuff you need...

Longhunter7

M37 Parts

CGarbee,

Thanks for thinking of me! It seems that we are all looking for parts for something!

You're right, having an event to get an MV ready for, does tend to keep a project moving! :arrow:

TACMED

Longhunter, you have doen a great job with your rig, maybe one of these days i will ateast get mine to be one color LOL

Longhunter7

Colors?

TACMED,

Thanks for the compliment! I still have quite a bit of work to do on the M37.

I would like to repaint my M37-B1 as soon as possible, but there are many other things that are far more important.

I am planning on getting all the mechanical things taken care of first before I worry about cosmetic appearances!

The electrical system is first on my list. I hope to be able to completly rewire the entire truck this Spring.

I wouldn't worry too much about different colors on the truck, almost every motorpool truck will be a mix of different shades of green!

If I can be of assistance, feel free to ask! 8)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks