• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce project / Baby HEMTT

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
That is awesome! More pics!

m.walker

OK I read the previous post , I was under the impression it was gonna be a duece cab. I like this idea better! I've looked at them cabs on gla and considered a similar idea ( M55 frame , add 2nd front axle , hemmt cab ) it would be a lot cheaper than a real one , but I don't have the equipment like you do. I can't wait to see it finished! More pics !

Jones

Notes, heck... It looks like I'm writing a novel.
My buddy's thinking about using one of our other cabs for his own project so I/we are logging all dimensions and set-up tips we're learning on my truck. Lots of pictures too so I'll have something to share when the project's done. Have already had to re-design the rear cab mounts 'cause HEMTT cabs are heavier than we thought. The first one is always the guinea pig.

Jones

Hello and Merry Christmas to all.
The baby HEMTT project has slowed down due to my Guard outfit getting activated; combined with a deep-seated fear of running power tools in the rain. Am still making small parts like frame-side mounts for the t-case and side marker-light brackets so I can run both the blackout and std. markers. Had to make my own articulated cab steps 'cause I don't like/trust the two-pieces-of-wire-rope-with-a-step-welded-on set-up. Sent some artwork off to Polverone and he's making me HEMTT Pre-Drive Checklist stickers just like you big kids got for your deuces. Getting stuff together for plumbing in the air and fuel and enough black wire to wire the truck when it gets to my place after the heavy lifting's done. Will have more pictures and an update when I feel like I'm making some serious progress again.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks