• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M135 wheels on a m35?

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
I read, but am having trouble finding a post where someone said that M135 wheels can be used on a M35. What would the advantage/rationale be for using the early deuce wheels be?

rdixiemiller

If I remember correctly, the M-135 ran singles. The wheels are not offset as much as dual wheels. This looks better if you are singling out your deuce. Otherwise, they look slightly odd.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
also the rims are wider, this take some of the sway out of the 1100x20 sidewalls

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The M135 wheels will fit the M35 just fine. Same rim width, just "dished out" differently. It will increase the track width by almost 4 inches. To make it look right, flip the hubs and use a narrower bed.
The NSN# for the M135 wheels is 2530-00-738-9618. You will also need a different speedo adapter.
I have been running on singles for some eight years now.
The image below shows the deuce fitted with the M756 pipeline bed, which is about 6 inches narrower (w/o the A-frame poles) than the standard cargo bed. I'll try to get a rear view later today if there is any interest.

Bjorn

Attachments

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is there any advantage to putting these rims only on the front axle of an M35? The thing I am thinking about is that the M135 Wheels will give the front end a little wider stance than the original M35 wheels. Another thought is how will this offset handle down the road? I want to make sure my tires are still inline with my king pins and not dished out too much. I do not want to promote king pin wear or wheel bearing stress if the wheel is a different offset. I just thought it would look a little better with stock M35 duals on the back. My tire of choice would be the 9.00-20 also. Pros and cons? Thank you.

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's right. And the rims were the same as the M34 and M135, correct? They only had the two different rims (excluding the M35A3 rims) for this bolt pattern, correct? The reason I am asking is I located some of these rims that are on the front of an M211 at a junk yard and are not the same offset rims that are on the back (duals). If I can get them for a reasonable price, I may try them on the front of my deuce and see how they handle/look.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks