• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

gulf coast filters setup

res0wc18

has anyone tired using the full size gulf coast full size filter that uses paper towels to filter waste motor oil? It says that they filter to less than one micron. I: have their junior on my powerstroke engine.

Someone could just build one from some pipe and make it work as well? Just get your sealing heights right for the fluid to filter from the inside out.

Last edited:

Hammer

Frantz is the TP based one.
I actually have one installed on my dodge/cummins truck.
Works well actually.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Wow, expensive! Thats too much money for me to invest in filtering wmo. You could try to make one, but I already have a setup to filter that I am going to stick with. Please post up if you decide to make one.

res0wc18

thats why im saying we could just build one out of pipe and with some simple measurements and welding etc it would work i think.

The gulf coast jr that i have on my powerstroke works really well.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
So, you use regular TP or paper towel rolls in that? Looked like they had a specific filter. The filter elements is what is expensive in the long run. I am open to try different filtering methods though.

res0wc18

you can use whatever you want. I have used both both there filter is just a glorified industrial grade roll of toleit paper for the small ones and the same except a paper towl roll. Try some experimenting with the filtering capabilities of the stuff its really amazing.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks