• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

NHC 250 CUMMINS GOVENOR QUESTION

Big Mike's Motor Pool

Supporting Vendor
I WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE HAS ANY INFORMATION ON REMOVING THE GOVENOR ON A CUMMINS NHC 250. MY FRIEND JUST PICKED UP A SWEET 5 TON AND ITS GREAT EXCEPT IT WILL REV TO ONLY 225O RPMS AND THEN JUST FALL FLAT ON ITS FACE. ITS NOT A BIG DEAL, BUT HAVING A LITTLE BIT EXTRA WOULD MAKE IT MUCH MORE DRIVEABLE

FSBruva

ML-

Welcome to SS. It's a great place to meet folks and get some tough questions answered.

First thing you need to do is add your location to either your signature or your profile. It's one of the requirement for the forum. Check the "Requirements for New Members" area, for the whole list. Also, some of us have a hard enough time reading computers without the ALL CAPS. Try turning it off so we all don't think you're yelling the question.

Matt

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
i have been told by cummins wrench turners that the 250 DOES NOT like to be run over 2300, thay tend to come apart, i wanted to do the same thing with my 250. your right theres a BIGGGGGGGG hole between 3 and 4, ill prob. install a od 10 speed to make use of the power that i have. tuboing to make a 290 calls for a cam change and a bunch of other stuff ,a real big hassle,so 10 speed it is

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks