• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

King Pin rebuild kit

Txstruck

Anyone know where I can get a king pin rebuild kit for my Dana60? I believe the bushings are worn in mine because I get what seems to be a bad bounce/wobble in the front end when I hit a bump or pot hole. And it wont stop until I come to an almost complete stop.

mangus580

Steve, you might want to check your wheel bearings as well. I would think that any Auto Parts store would be able to get you such kit if you need it.

Txstruck

Mike,
Thanks for the reply. I checked the local AutoZone here but didnt see a rebuild kit for it. Looked like they sell each piece seperate. My dad had mentioned the wheel bearings also, but I have been procastinating it because I dont have any experience with dealing with the locking hubs.

mangus580

Steve, most likely you will have to deal with the locking hubs either way ;-)

Locking hubs are easy... biggest pain is the snap ring that holds them in place. I havent work on the Dana 60, but with the Corp 10 bolt axles, you take out the allen screws holding the cover on, then there is a snap ring on the inside of the rotor housing that holds the rest of the locking hub in.

I am sure others will jump in and maybe even offer TM pages and such on how to do it. You might even want to look through the TM's on the site, as I am sure you can find instructions on removing them.

85-m1028

txstruck Jack up the front end and check for play by grabbing the tire top bottom and shake if it has any play then dive into the bearings and king pin, "I see rebuild kits all the time on e-bay, just type dana 60" sounds to me like you might be having caster allingment issues which can moslty have suspension components to blame. Check your shackle bushings and front spring eye bushings , then look at the shocks. All of these components should be replaced just for maintenance!! ,you'll notice a big diference in the ride when you do.

Hookin1

also if the tie rod end gets slop in it it will shake. not sure what setup you have on the steering, but if there is what we call an idler (looks like a pitman arm mounted on the passenger side frame. if the bushing are worn out it will cause the front end to shake. a lot of chevy truck have this set up not sure about military.

Stonepicker1

I just got a complete set for both sides. All Dana parts. I went to the dealer and they wanted over $300 and you didn't get everything that I got. Same thing with local parts stores.

Nowparts : 1-866-530-7715 has the kits. He bought 100 kits from Dana and is selling them on ebay also. I got two complete kits from him, $109.00 ea. shipped to me in three days.
He has them piece by piece also.

Attachments

CUCVFAN

Gunner's Mate First Class
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just got a complete set for both sides. All Dana parts. I went to the dealer and they wanted over $300 and you didn't get everything that I got. Same thing with local parts stores.

Nowparts : 1-866-530-7715 has the kits. He bought 100 kits from Dana and is selling them on ebay also. I got two complete kits from him, $109.00 ea. shipped to me in three days.
He has them piece by piece also.
Then again, $109 for all of that is a DEAL!!!

Stonepicker1

I got the bushing and spring kit from them. You probably don't need anything but those to cure the death wobble...
I'm going to just replace the bushing and spring for now and see if it fixes the wobble. Then later I'll install the rest when I have time. It was just to good of a deal to pass up on the Dana kits.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks