• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Stopping in to say hi

CPike3

I names Charlie and I'm from Chesapeake, VA. I have decided that owning a bobbed M35 is something that must happen in my life.

The plan is to finish 1-toning my Jeep and then start on a deuce-n-a-half. Where should I get started?

jdmcgowen

Search the internet, they are available. There are a few places that bob them for you. Eastern surplus, and Idahomotorpool are the two I know of.
www.easternsurplus.net
www.idahomotorpool.com
As for the bobbed deuce goes. I thought that they were cool too when I first saw them, but I love the articulation on my standard deuce. I believe they ride better. When I back over a 6 - 8" curb, I can't feel it from the cab. I think the dual axles take up some of the rough ride. But Bobbed deuces are cool looking, and they probably turn easier. Buy a deuce somewhere and get the bobbed mod done for about $2,500 bucks. I know that once you buy one you'll love it. I dreamed of having one for about 9 years, and just bought mine a little over two weeks ago.
Good luck, and thanks for saying "HI"
John D McGowen:-D

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

CPike3

I have been sifting through the forum looking for info on the bob. If anyone knows a quick link that has someone's build up I certainly would appreciate it. I have also been reading the manuals. I love military manuals. The reading level is amusing. I have been looking all over for some deals and it seems like the cheapest way is to get it from an auction. Since I live in the military epicenter of the world, there are a few bases around here that have auctions regularly. I might check into that. There are also a bunch on Craigslist so I might hit that up. I don't want to buy a premade bobbed truck as I think the best part of owning a toy is cutting it up and making it better with a bunch of my buds and a lot of liquid courage. I found the front spring kit over there at Boyce, so I'll likely pick that up. I think I'll get some wheels from Stazworks as I have 20" double beadlocks for the Jeep and I think they are pretty pimp. Right now I'm on an info gathering mission. I likely wont make any moves until February, but I will definitely hang out and learn what I can.

The goal is to be able to load the Jeep in the bed and drive it to the OBX or to the farm while towing another trailer with another rig on it. I know I will loose a lot of bed carrying capability so we will likely rig some semi airbags under it to help out. Plumb that into the trucks air system and let it eat. I want to go with the super single look, but what size tires are you all running? I saw one guy who lifted his with some blocks and that just doesn't sit well with me, so whatever will work without some sketchy lifting stuff.

Is there any way to tune up these engines? I'm not too bent on being able to run 23432 different types of fuel, but is anyone running different engines or fiddling with the stocker?

Any help or insight is much appreciate. And please, don't stone teh n00b!

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
"The goal is to be able to load the Jeep in the bed....."

Your 1ton Jeep will barely fit in a std. 12' bed. Are you sure you want a bobbed Deuce?

G.

CPike3

That's another dilemma. I might have to settle for towing it, or just go a single rear wheel and don't cut it down as much. I don't know yet.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks