• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Florida title from GL in Ohio

TACTICAL6

Anyone in Ohio get the Florida title from GL. What exactly does Ohio require to transfer. I don't want to wait in line to be told I need something else to complete the transaction. Also, are they going to try and collect sales tax on this? thanks

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Tac, you'll have to go to the dmv title division and get an out of state vin check done for like 3.50. Then, have the title transfered to your name. Finaly, go to the registration section and get your plates. I think if you go historic, its a one time 50 or 60 dollar fee.

jw4x4

The state of Ohio does not recognize an SF97. What a crock. So GL gets a title issued from Florida and sends it to the Ohio resident. As for the tax, it should have already been collected and noted on the Florida title. You won't have to pay any more tax, just the license fees and out of state inspection fees as Gimpy stated.

Reactions: FMJ

dk8019

What's funny is Ohio told me the SF97 would work, but then GL said a Florida title would be better. Went round and round with them, apparently there's another truck with the same VIN on a Florida title. Given the shortness of my VIN, and it being a 1952 REO rebuild I guess I shouldn't be shocked.

B3.3T

You can have the out of state verification done at many car dealerships. Its only a verification that the VIN matches your paperwork. Its not an inspection. As for titling in Ohio with only a Bill of Sale, depending on the state from which it came, its real easy. I've titled vintage vehicles in Ohio from Colorado, Alabama, Miss, Georgia, UK and New York with no problems at all. they just have to look up each state in their big black book.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
When I did mine a couple months ago I got a Florida title. But, the BMV said that they do accept SF-97s and they even called Columbus to make sure.

With the Florida title the SF-97 issue was a moot point. They said all I had to do was get temp tags and take the truck for the VIN inspection to verify the numbers and bring it all back in and they would issue the title and I could get my historical plates like my other truck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks