• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Security Token

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Tried to add the URL of a video to my profile (as apparently is now allowed, and was told there was no security token. Have searched and found 1 other post related, and there was no resolution. What is a security token, and can I use it to play Donkey Kong at the arcade? (Kidding about the last, serious about the first).

enal

In my world the "Security Token" is a hardware based code generator that creates a new hexidecimal number every 30 seconds to access a secure network. We have to pay for these and are usually about $7.00 per week for the service. I have one for my government clients also that costs me a lot more each year to maintain because of the security involved.

There may also be a "Software Security Token" available for daily or weekly access.

I may be totally wrong on this, but like I said that's what it means in the world I work in...Hope this points to something helpful.

mangus580

enal is kinda on with this.

Basically the site keeps track of who you are, and wants to make sure when you do things, you are indeed who it thinks you are.

I have found some sections of the site can be temperamental with this. I know the chatbox wont let you view profiles at all from it... and that one I have not been able to resolve. Any place else I have run into it, a simple refresh of the page seems to clear it.

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In my world the "Security Token" is a hardware based code generator that creates a new hexidecimal number every 30 seconds to access a secure network. We have to pay for these and are usually about $7.00 per week for the service. I have one for my government clients also that costs me a lot more each year to maintain because of the security involved.

There may also be a "Software Security Token" available for daily or weekly access.

I may be totally wrong on this, but like I said that's what it means in the world I work in...Hope this points to something helpful.

:shock:

Chevytruck

hexadecimal wouldn't that be from 1-9 A-F?

computer terms :mrgreen:

our computers run on binary

yet we use Hex to run our programs

yes computers are weird like that :cookoo:

littlebob

We have something like that to access a vendors system and once I found out how complicated it was, I just bring my problems with that vendor to the two that already know how to use it. If its the same thing, it is like a little pager that tells you a code to enter to access the site that changes every so often and the pager thingie knows the new code.

littlebob

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks