• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Here's what to do with your old NATO plugs

aboonski

I just uploaded a very short video which makes use of a semi-defective NATO female jumper cable part that most people would dispose of. There are many applications for this part besides using it to fabricate a Dewalt Battery Cheater like the one I made. I can also use this to power my 24 volt MRE heater as well. Here's a link to the video:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXxZwrueOYY[/media]

If anyone has difficulty making it to the site, just go to YouTube and do a search under Dewalt Battery Cheat.

aboonski

It was relatively easy. Once you remove the cells from the housing you just splice into the conductors leading to each of the pins making sure you keep the polarity the same as it was before the modification. You just drill holes for whatever you want to use for receptacles, in my case, the black and red female connectors available at any electronics store. When I make up another one of the cheater batteries I will take pictures of what I do along the way and post them in a few days. Like I mentioned in the text of the YouTube video, I plan to make use of the Riobi 18 volt battery system to power the 18 volt Dewalt tools by using the Riobi 18 volt flashlight as a "slave" output in a similar manner as you see in the Dewalt Battery Cheat only it will provide the power instead of receiving it.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Good way to recycle.

I have several of the old slave ports with the two prong (prior to NATO) plug in my "have no use for but can't stand to throw away" pile.

Maybe someone on the site has a use for them.

But if you don't have the old end to reuse you could buy one of these from me. :)

I think they were intended to operate a MRE heater or battery charger.

They are new and still in the box and plastic wrap. I am selling them for 25 bucks each plus shipping.......you don't want to know what Uncle paid for them.

PM if interested.

Attachments

quarkz

Supreme Galactic Cleric
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wreckerman893,
What is the breaker mounted on the bed used for?
Idon't think I have that on mine.
Thanx
Tony

Attachments

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Dragon...they are 24 volt..donno why they had that type plug on them. It can be cut off and whatever you want can be attached. They also have a fuse in them.

Quarkz...that bed had a cover on it and they used that plug to get power for the lights they had installed on two of the cargo bows...may have been a mees hall or supply truck and they needed the light for night ops.

Cdub

.............that bed had a cover on it and they used that plug to get power for the lights they had installed on two of the cargo bows...may have been a mees hall or supply truck and they needed the light for night ops...........

I was planning on doing that same exact thing with the done lights I bought from Medlog............Me and my son enjoy camping in the back of our five ton during the swap meets in Aberdeen and Gilbert as well as the Sussex show in NJ.....

....Sorry for the interruption……now back to your regularly scheduled program……..

Excellent job with the Dewalt tools……….that’s just OUTSTANDING…….!!!

The uses for the NATO plug are endless limited by your imagine only……

Cheers,

C’dub

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks