• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New M1009 owner!

echo

Just bought a M1009 from GL on the 12th haven't even picked it up yet. Seems th NG are alittle slow about returning calls for pick up. Can't wait to get it. I'm very excited.....

Is it pronounced M one thousand nine or M one zero zero nine?

Just thought i would say hello as I will be here often.

echo

Mike

Love the look of your m1009, whats the color? Will be going with Gill 383 on mine, solid green thats my style.

Man I can't wait to get it. Maybe tue, or wed.

echo

Had a 73 Jimmy and loved that truck, sold it to my nephew for a song. He promptly traded it for a low rider isuzu. Live and learn.

Sorry for the rambling, but did I sa I am verrrrry excited!

echo

Mike

Pictures are sweet, nice documentary of paint job. What was the time laps start to finish on the paint project? Why did you go with aervoe instead of gillespie?

Dieselsmoke

You'll be happy with your new 1009. I've never been a Cheby guy but had a 1009 that was my daily driver for a long long time. Nice drivers that's for sure.

echo

pick-up date and time is the 18th at 0800.

Had a 3/4 ton 2 wheel drive suburban with 6.2 and a 1/2 ton 4wheel drive suburban with 6.2. Just not the same as my jimmy a little to big for daily driver. Swore I'd never own another 6.2 but here I am, must be a love hate thing. Kinda like a third marriage to the same woman.

Did I mention I'm very excited!!!!!!

echo

Update

Arrived at Camp Blanding at 0745 on the 18th.
Vehicle had been moved to large parking lot for loading.
No key in vehicle. Took cordless drill, dremmel cut off wheel and key blank with me. vise gripped the Sgt's key to my blank and cut key on location. Took 5 minutes and worked perfect first try. (instant key)
Loaded vehicle and back home by 1000hrs. (transport trip was uneventful)
Unloaded and tried to crank, batteries low. Charged batteries for 3 hrs. Finally just changed batteries with some around the house.
Had wife crank it while I sprayed 100% silicone spray in intake, Coughed three times and then she caught. Runs great, first test drive at 1400hrs.
All systems functioning!
Vehicle was complete with Jerry can mount, tool bag mounted, two jacks, tire iron, spare tire mount with extra rim(no tire), two fire ext. mounts, m16 racks, radio shelf, antenna mount and cables, all 4 shackles, grill guard, black out lights, bridge plate with full set of numbers, great set of tires(wrangler at/s) Full tank of fresh diesel.
Defects:
7 small rust spots, back window handle busted but there(19.00 LMC truck), small leak in heater core(39.00 LMC truck, so I bypassed) Missing plastic insert in dash pad (49.99 LMC truck), loose alt. belt (tightened belt)

Runs great!
No smoke and very strong.

Hosed her inside and out, detailed interior, and now she is beautiffful.

I Love My MV.

Big thanks to Mangus for the Silicone idea!!!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Congrats man. Blanding has another 50 or so on auction right now. Pretty boned out though. You should have mentioned the key deal. I have the code or could have sent you a key, I have a few floating around. You will love it, they are the greatest daily driver MVs there are.

Wyattearp

echo where did you find yours and what was the price u paid, if you want to you can shoot me a pm with that if u don't want to post it here...
I been searching for one for my father, i think he will be happy with it even though it is a chevy but has the diesel engine...

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
James, don't know what he paid but it came from Camp Blanding near JAX FL. Its the FLARNG base. On GL it sometimes listed as JAX Blanding or Starke. There's a bunch of them selling now but they're rough.

echo

Wyatt, Camp Blanding...$2220.00

Ken, You did help with the key. On another post you told someone it was B blank 73y2. Thats how I knew to take a B blank, Thanks for the tip.

Update: glow plug relay not working. 24v to red nothing to double orange while wait light is on. Jumped to double orange counted to five an it fired right up. Think I'll put in a glow button. Already change connectors to 1/4 inch. Anyone know a good plug to run on the 12v side of the system? Is the 60G a 12v plug?

Wyattearp

Yeah I have been searching for something for my dad, something within my range, i know its going to be hard to find something that isn't rough.. thanks for the info.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks