• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Alcohol - make your own fuel?

wonkknows

Greetings and almost happy new year!

I have been reading about the multi-fuel and have noticed it needs lube like any other diesel engine even though it can also burn 'ignited' fuels.

I did not see 120 - 180 proof alcohol listed anywhere as an alternate fuel so thought I would ask about this as an option.

If alcohol can be used as an alternate fuel - i wonder what ratio of 'lube' fuel to mix with it so as to keep the engine life up?

It sounds like an interesting idea to make your own alcohol fuel to run :) :idea:

Any thoughts?

wonk

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Alcohol has less power than gasoline on a per unit measure, and far less than diesel. It would probably have to be better than 190 proof and mixed 50/50 with clean motor oil to keep the engine running. Not worth the effort IMHO. There is another recent thread about running straight gasoline - bottom line - bad idea! (But OK in combat to get you a few miles away from the action.)

TommyG45

Checkout www.knowledgepublictions.com , they have some pretty good stuff inthere about using home made hooch as a fuel, but it was specific to a gas engine. For those of you that were wondering about wood gas power in a deuce, check out the stratified downdraft gassifier, very very interesting.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks