• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

new guy from Usk N.E.WA STATE

65specialconvert

Hello all,i have a 1984 M1009.I got it as surplus from the local county sheriff at a sealed bid auction for $585 5-6 years ago.It had been sitting for 2 years due to no lights,as you may have guessed,the blackout switch was bad.I poured in a gallon of diesel with 2 new batterys & it fired right up in the cop parking lot! Boy were they surprised:razz:I use it mainly as a winter rig,as we get quite a bit of snow here.Especially helpfull as a delivery vehicle for my business...i'm a starter & alternator rebuilder.I'm an hour north of Spokane WA,5 min from the Idaho state line.My son rolled it a couple years ago,damn deer ran in front of him...he was fine with a bit of seatbelt rash.After the tow truck winched it upright & took it to my house,it had poped a tire off the bead,so i aired it up,turned the key & to my suprise,it started right up(once again),after being on its top for 2 hours.Thank god i had the battery hold downs in place!Anyways,i'm glad i found your site & will be trolling around for info to keep her running:beer:As you can tell from my username,in good weather i'm a hardcore BUICK guy:wink:

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks