• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

picatinny nj pick up ,,

maplehillfrm

I will be making a pickup at picatinny nj, in a few weeks, is there any tricks to getting in there,, directions into a certain gate or what not, probably coming in from PA side of 80,, thansk pat

TURKEY131

I picked up a couple of trailers there about a month ago. The guys there where ok. Not very talkative. No real problems getting in. I cam in through a back way somehow on a dirt road , but was not real hard to find. Overall was a very easy pick minus the rain. Good Luck with the pickup.:-D

LanceRobson

Don't confuse Picitinny Arsenal with the NJARNG maintenance facility. At the NG facility you just walk in and tell them why you're there. At the Arsenal you go through the standard deal of getting onto a restricted active military facility.

The NG facility won't show up on GLs or Mapquests search engines. Call ahead and try to speak to someone who can give good directions. The first time I called ,I got "go past the yellow house on the corner, but don't pass..." directions from the gal who answered the phone. She couldn't tell me a single street name or interstate exit number. A good street map will help a lot.

The pick up itself should be pretty easy. The amount of load out help you can get will range from none to a lot depending on what their workload is and whether they are all on the road.

Good luck

Lance

ONTOS66

Depending on your destination:

For Picatinny Arsenal get off Interstate 80 at Exit 34 and follow the signs for Route 15 North. Once you go through the light at Route 15 you'll see the Main Gate for Picatinny Arsenal ahead on your right. Follow that driveway to the visitor center to register before entering the gate.

For the NJARNG Center, continue east on Interstate 80 to Exit 37 and take CR 513 (aka Greenpond Road) North through Hibernia. Look for Snake Hill Road on your left. I haven't been in that area in years, but I recall there was a sign for "Lake Denmark" at that road (which happens to lead to Lake Denmark on the west side of Picatinny Arsenal which is also where the NJARNG facility is located, along with the Picatinny recreation area, etc.) These areas are outside the base proper and don't require dealing with the base security hassle.

The address is 3801 Snake Hill Road, Picatinny, NJ 07806

There is another way to get there which is probably shorter and follows a series of back roads along Picatinnys eastern fence line, but I couldn't begin to tell you which way to turn on which road. At least Snake Hill and Green Pond roads are easy to deal with and connect right to Route 80.

Hope that helps. Enjoy your new toys.

maplehillfrm

Thanks guys , the address actually says snakie hill rd,, I appreciate it, I still need to send in the EUC and all,, so it will be a little while,, but it is good to at least have an idea, pat

ONTOS66

Amazingly enough the NJ DOT put me on that section of Interstate 80 today and during a lull I had a chance to run up Green Pond Road (CR513) to refresh my memory. As I said, go through Hibernia and just after the Fire Department (nice building on the right) Snakehill Road will be the next left. It leads directly back to the NJARNG facility, etc.

I didn't have time to check the other route that I mentioned, I know it is shorter, but not as fast. It is all narrow winding roads with lots of turns. I'm pretty sure you can get there from Exit 35 off of Route 80. Follow Mount Hope Road, I'm pretty sure that goes past the Mount Hope Rock Products, and shortly after you'll turn right on to County Road 664 (the web map I looked at said CR 666 - but I'm positive that isn't the number. :twisted:

Jersey 93 Ty

County Route 666 is still in that area. I worked about a mile from exit 37 in the opposite direction for 2 years. I'll be heading up to the Picatinny Nat'l Guard facility to pick up an M1009 within the next two weeks. I'm very glad you guys mentioned the difference between the two facilities... I'm sure it probably saved me a huge headache.

emr

Just an FYI for all U Jersey guys im noticing, If not already a member of the MTA its a very nice club with one of the best shows around, coming soon, look for all in MV mag and supply line ads, I run the display and any info at all im very happy to pass along, hope no one minds the plug, Steel Soldiers have a place to put any things they want to keep secure while shopping in my area, the display tent in the rear.....Randy

ONTOS66

Apparently CR 666 was renumbered or was entered in error at some point? I have seen it on several maps and some on-line maps, but I checked the NJ DOT highway database. They no longer list a CR 666 and CR 664 is the one that eventually leads to the NJARNG facility.

See page 3 of the Straight Line Diagram for CR 664 at this link:
http://www.state.nj.us/transportation/refdata/sldiag/14000664__-.pdf

CR 664 is the road that follows the Picatinny Arsenal fence line, from the outside, and eventually brings you to the junction of Lake Denmark Road and Snakehill Road, which is the location of the NJARNG facility.

If you take Exit 35, Mount Hope Road (CR 661) you can connect to CR 664 (Lake Denmark Rd), but it is poorly marked, narrow, twisting, through residential areas, etc.

As I said previously, my recommendation would be Exit 37 to CR 513 (Green Pond RD) to Snakehill Road. Here is the link to the SLD for that, page 19 shows the turn for Snakehill Rd:
http://www.state.nj.us/transportation/refdata/sldiag/00000513__-.pdf

And just for fun, here is a link to the I-80 Straight Line Diagram, which shows the exits, connecting roads, etc. Page 13 shows detail from Mile Post 35 to 38.

That should give everyone some fun viewing.

Happy New Years!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks