• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Newbie from Pennsylvania

KaiserPower

A quick "snowy" hello from the coal cracker area. Glad to be part of the community here at SS. Hope to be able to contribute a little knowledege here and there, as well as gain a few tips myself... never done learning.

My girl... "Big Rhonda"... is a 1972 Kaiser M35A2. Doing all the PM's and a little fine tuning right now. Have a great New Year.

Attachments

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
KAISERPOWER: If your truck is truly a 1972 model, then it is definitely not a KAISER. It is an AM General truck. You may have to change your screen name...except that name is taken by Brandon. :-D No big deal as many of the trucks have come out with anything from incorrect years to incorrect VIN #s to incorrect manufacturers and everything in between. Welcome to the site!

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Bruce, my 109 is a 72 and has Kaiser stamped on the data plate. If I remeber correctly, this was the year things were converting over to AMG and not all trucks have them on the data plate. .02!

Welcome to the site, nice paint job.

PaFarmer

Welcome, I have several Deuces in Bernville and travel to Pottsville with some frequency.

OLDCHEV4X4

Welcome Kaiserpower, from Coatesville Pa.
I go thru Pottsville now and then. We did a tour of the Yuengling brewery a couple years ago. MMMM free samples!
We go to Line Mountain 3 times a year for the races. Have you ever been there?

KaiserPower

Thanks to all for the warm welcome and compliments for the old gal.

Bruce... there's always the possibility that you're correct... after all its only four screws and a new data plate to change things and who's to say that hasn't been done long before I got her... but the paper work went to the state for title and registration and they agreed... Kaiser went on everything... if it's a lie... I'm sticking to it...:roll: Thanks for the heads up though.

OLDCHEV4X4... Never been to line Mountain for the races... let me know when they are coming up... Yuengling still has the tours, but they send you downtown to a popular local pub for the beer-ski's...:-D

And to all the rest near buy in PA... guess we'll run into each other soon enough.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Check with David Doyle. I believe he will point out the following (or something close to it):

Many manufacturers made trucks before Kaiser
Kaiser made trucks up until some time in 1970
General Products made trucks until 1971 some time
AM General made trucks after that

I don't have the exact dates, but something to this effect has been related to me by David Doyle. I have a 1970 that was made by GP and he explained how that could have been...something with being rejected when first made by Kaiser and then it came through on the GP assembly line. Regardless, it is a minor point. I was only busting b**** as a joke.;-)

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks