• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Should I buy it?

enfield

I found an old M151A2 that has been sitting for 2 years, and won't start. The owner says he was having carb. trouble so he took the carb. off and never got around to putting it back on! The body is a little rough but it only has minor surface rust, no cancer. I couldn't get the motor to turn, but I think the trans was in gear and the clutch just went to the floor when I pushed it so I couldn't shift it to neutral. It is in a shed and I saw a copperhead by his house on the way out to the shed, so I didn't crawl under it to look and see if it had been cut and welded;-) He wants $800 and it comes with an extra longblock(he doesn't know anything about it) Are there cheap, running MUTTs out there that would be a better deal or are the parts common enough(and cheap) to justify buying this one? If kits are available and reasonably priced I can rebuild or freshen up the longblock, What do y'all think?

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sounds like a deal to me. There are plenty of parts sources, and even NOS engines in the crate can be found, if it turns out the motor is bad. $800 is a steal, it would be a shame to miss out on this. Oh, and....

nopics

Racky

Dont think about it just do it. $800 is very cheap if the whole thing is there. If you dont want it just post the address here and see how fast it disappears.

Racky

enfield

Sounds like a deal then, thanks. I have some friends that have a few MUTTs and they told me the that even if I run out of steam on the project I would probably be able to sell it easily. Not that I plan on selling it but you know how these things can turn out sometimes.

poppop

Very good price. If it were close to me I would snap it up. Lots of parts out there. You usually can get carb kits and NOS carbs on e-bay. Watch e-bay often and you can get some good deals. I buy spare parts for mine when they come up cheap. I even got three NOS motors off e-bay and they were only 75 miles from me. I paid $203.00 each for them and the guy brought them to me.

enfield

Thanks for all of the replies, I got laid-off from my job and have been struggling to make ends meet lately. When I start to get some disposable income again:grin: the MUTT will be my first purchase. It isn't going anywhere and is hid quite well! I will post pics as soon as I bring it home.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks