• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M151 Identification??

daniel.7575

Hi there,

Was wondering if anyone here could help me identify this M151 I am looking at buying? A bit short on time as i think it could sell quickly,

On face value it appears to be an A2 looking at the front fender mounted signal lamps, but other parts look to be incorrect, ie the filler cap is too early, the screen is too early, shackles on wheel hubs, bumper etc etc, dont know enough to look under hood, cant see rear suspension either, not sure what to look for anyhow.

The truck has been imported from Thailand so it makes me wonder if it is a 151 or A1 thats been re-bodied?

Any help would be greatfully welcomed!!!!

Attachments

m38inmaine

Has an A2 motor/steering wheel, but it is an A1 body which has had the front fenders replaced with A2 fenders, if you look close you should be able to see where they were welded on. Also looks like the battery box cover is missing.

vtdeucedriver

Sounds like a Johny Cash song................. If you buy it, take off those A2 fenders and make it back to look like a A1 and you will have something there................I would buy it if it looks good underneath................just look at the frame rails for rot, if its ok there, everything else is gravy!!!

cstaup

It's all mixed up. Definitely an A1 origionally. As time progresses, repairs and upgrades could have been made. If it has been in Thailand, it is probable that as old A1 parts were worn out or broken they were replaced with what was on hand. Looks as though the rear has been replaced with a straight axle, this is why I suspect that your truck is "legit" and not a cobbled up MUTT.

Chris

1958 M274

The motor is an A2 because it has a mechanical fuel pump.
Actually, it appears to still have an A1 engine in it, though the vacuum pump has been replaced with an A2 mechanical fuel pump. Note that it has two fan belts instead of three, the oil pressure switch above the fuel pump, the 25 amp solid state regulator on the firewall, and the early upper radiator support/lifting eye.

Looks as though the rear has been replaced with a straight axle,
I see no evidence of that.:roll:

vtdeucedriver

The camber is straight, that's why I'm seeing a straight axel. I know that the wheels will be straight under load, but the truck pictured has no load to speak of. That's my point.

Looks like its sitting on a hill, so it wont look right if it is........................now we all need to know, is it independent still or a solid axle!!!!!

1958 M274

The camber is straight, that's why I'm seeing a straight axel. I know that the wheels will be straight under load, but the truck pictured has no load to speak of. That's my point.
It still has the original suspension, look at the pictures. If for no other reason than the fact that it still has the hub mounted lifting rings; there is no doubt in my mind that there is not a solid axle under it…;-)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks