• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rt-70a/grc

citizensoldier

Ok radio heads.. I stumbled accross a RT-70A/GRC radio.. Whats the propper application for it? Jeep? M37? Both? What power unit and mount does it take if it would be correct for a M42 command car? Any pictures of a complete set up? I believe it to be M series correct. I was looking for a RT66/67 for it but they seem out of my pay grade.
Thanks ahead ..

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It would be M-series correct, anyting after 1951 up until the late 1960s. They were used in all sorts of vehicles, jeeps, M37s, maybe deuces. The correct power supply for it is the AM-65 power supply/amplifier. Same size as the transceiver, mounts underneath it. The "AM" in AM-65 designates it as an amplifier, the power supply is internal to the AM-65 unit, designated the PP-281 or PP-282.

Here's a pic of the whole thing:

Attachments

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
eGay is a good start for the AM-65, though they are usually sold as a pair, so you might be buying another RT-70 along with it. The mount is harder to find, Fairradio.com has them for $75 each.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks