• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Unimog 421 owner looking for tow vehicle

MiniMan

I've been looking for a tow vehicle for a while now. Something that could tow cars around town and could tow and potentially recover my Unimog on wheeling trips. My mog is a relative lightweight at just over 6k lbs and I figure that as long as I can get to 90 km/hr in the prairies of Alberta, I'd be perfectly safe, just slow ;) . Slow isn't much of a problem for me though and there aren't many hills, nor curvy roads in this neck of the woods, so I've been thinking a deuce in one flavor or another would be a good way to go. I'm used to slow though, as my mog has all of 45 hp :) . If not a deuce, then potentially a motorhome, but there are plus sides and downsides to each.

The motorhome has power steering and all the other amenities while the deuce doesn't, but the deuce can yank a tow strap and make it up fire roads just fine, while the motorhome can't. That said, unless I buy an M109 or boxed variant deuce, I wouldn't have much of a place to sleep at night on weekend wheeling trips. I've still got a bunch of research to do though, as I know most deuce owners have had limitations put on the resale of their units by the government; stating that they must be resold to a U.S. citizen.

Anyway, greetings to all.

Corey

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks