• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

does the cucv have a secondary fuel

Kilroy

Ok a little about me. I drove the Deuce in the army and I knew it was able to use secondary fuels.(GOT TO LOVE THEM...lamp oil yeah baby) I was wondering if the 1009 is able to run a secondary fuel. I plan on buying the 1009 next year when I get my income tax check in. I looked in the dash 10 and it didnt say. I am thinking that it doesnt and was wondering how you can set one up for secondary fuels. If its possible.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I am pretty sure CUCV's aren't multifuel.

hummin2london

Secondary fuel system is the pizza you stuffed your buddy with to make him push it when you ran out of fuel :-( Sorry, no multi fuel in the cucv unless your making/buying biodiesel.

Kilroy

oh well..I was hoping it was able to do it so i could save a little on gas money. Anyway I cant wait till I get this beast its going to be nice. 5 months and counting. From what it looks like now my buddies are going to have me pull them out of the muck and mud when I get it. I am looking now to see how much a winch and a tow bar is going to cost.

Pappa-G

I belong to a NG Helo unit and they have been using JP8/JetA in their CUCV's for as long as I can remember. They also use it in thier M35's, HEMMIT's and LAV's. I guess it's easier if every thing burns the same fuel. The only draw back I have noticed is the jetfuel has less power. ~ Pappa-G

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks