• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

OF-185/PRC Wanted

g740

I am looking for Mount OF-185/PRC . Any help finding one would be great. Iwould also take any of parts that make up the mount.
Larry
52 M38
kb1ics
wpzl211

kenklausner

Larry:

I feel your pain brother, try this www.murphyjunk.bizland.com I went down the same road for a couple of years, getting bits and pieces, now I have quite an assortment of OF 185s and OG 174s. Check with Mike and mention my name. He has lots of parts and some NIB OG-174s with the speaker, amp and mounting hardwore ect. Better know what radio and band you are operating on as it makes a difference with the amp module. Cute little buggers aren't they? Are you also looking for the dimpled battery case with the chargeing contacts? if so good luck! Hope this helps, I did it the hard way!

Ken Klausner

g740

I am just looking for the speakers and the bottom cover for the Amps. I have both the High and the Low band filters for the radios and the Amps. I have a few of the battery boxs with the dimple, so I should be good there. I will take any parts that make up this set-up.

kenklausner

Do you have TO 31R2-4-811-1 which covers this unit? There are three modules in the amp case, power supply, rf amp and rf filter. Sounds like you got your amp cases from Mike! I got a couple from him and now that I managed to get some complete ones I will have the missing bottoms fabed.

Ken

Mina

I have several of-185/prc radios.

Hi there,

I just ran into this thread and happen to have several OF-185/PRC in New condition. Anyone interested should contact me via AVPARTS01@aol.com .

Thanks,
Ken :-D

Last edited:

Mina

Actually it was much lower than that.

$4500 is what Mil End Users are paying for this item.. I actually quoted much much lower since I understand your a collector.

Have a nice day... :grin:

Ken

g740

But you never did say what the bottom line was. I also sent the link to you showing the same part for $195.00 also NOS and never heard back.:roll:

kenklausner

Larry:
I just got back into the game, where did you ever get a quote for $4.5K? Had you contacted Mike Murphy? the OG 174 is the same thing as the OF 185.

Ken klausner

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks