• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

V100 Pictures requested by SS Member

dittle

Had a SS member request that I provide some interior and exterior pics of the V100 that I have access to as well as the s/n. This particular vehicle saw action in Vietnam and actually hit a land mine over there. Here are the pics and in the data plate pic you can read the s/n of the vehicle. We were doing some brake work on the vehicle so we were out "playing" in the snow with it to test the brakes. Enjoy.

Attachments

Last edited:

B3.3T

Nice complete interior. Shorter USAF/M-706E2 bench seat, however. Correct full length models are available, NOS.

dittle

After this vehicle was brought back to the states it provided security detail at a nuclear storage facility (as I was told anyway) so I'm guessing that might have something to do with the short seat.

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Those are great Dan. Thanks for taking and posting them. Beautiful vehicle.

Is that the same V on the trailer in your "Personnel Carriers" section, or do you have two?

Cheers

Last edited:

hardride

Looking good.

I was able to visit the museum workshop then when it was being worked on before the new turret arrived some years ago.

Nice to see it finished up nicely.

ken66

dittle, do you happen to know any of the details about this V-100 hitting a mine in Vietnam. Mine hit one on July 1, 1970 and it hit on the right front wheel into the cockpit, killing the gunner and wounding the other two crewmembers. I was on R&R and the guy taking my place was KIA.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks