• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help please with m146 TRL Questions

DaneInWv

I just bought a M146 in Lansing, Mi and have to move it to Huntington, WV. Here are my questions and any help would be greatly appreciated. Will this trailer couple ok with a civilian truck kingpin? How hard to get a trip permit? Should I? LOL ...Is the pigtail and wiring schematics the same and will all I need to do is change the bulbs to 12V? If I get a M818 later, how hard will they be to get registered. I know this is a lot. But thanks! Dane

ida34

The trailer will hook to a civy truck but they should take off the mud guards so they do not catch on the landing gear. It is tight. You must change the lights to 12 volt but you also need to make an adaptor to match the military connection to the civy connection. The civy tractor out put splits the brake and turn signals like on cars with yellow rear turn signals so you need a converter to make the turn and stop work on the same bulb. I have done this before recently.

ida34

In Michigan you can get a new to you vehicle home without a plate. I am not sure about the procedures for getting a temp tag but you could do so at a Michigan Secretary of State office. There is one in Lansing. They do allow temp tags for vehicles that are being purchased to be taken out of state. I have never done this though. Do a google search for Michigan SOS and it should bring up their website. Good luck with the pickup. I was looking hard at those trailers.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks