• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wide Track rear Quadra steer

hot rod deuce

Alrght so i got a little progress on this part too, i think i might have too may projects. So anyway what i did here is take a front steer axle and chop one side off and add 7.5 inches to make both sides equal lenght. so i will use two long side axles. this will enable me to have one rear steer and one normal rear axle. yet all 4 rear tires will be in one track (just remember i have custom rims and the rears are on like the outside dual would be to widen the track because the truck is over a foot taller than stock and some what unstable).This one will be in the middle and when I want to quadra steer all i will lift the rear axle.

I basicly chopped it in half but first removed the bull gear and bearing, replaced them with slugs to center a shaft in the center section. Before i cut it off i welded a 1.5 inch wide bushing on the end to ensure all is strait after assembly. next it was time to cut and widend with 1/2 inch grade 80 bar stock and welded up. After i had it back together STRAIT i decided to weld the straps down the front and rear on each side. To do this and eliminate any warpage i pre heated the whole assembly to 375* and then welded it in a spiral pattern

Any ideas?

Attachments

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
holy moly!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks