• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

SS newbie in TN

Chut1st

Hey, y'all. Been in the MV hobby for 25 years but a couple of the guys on SS got me to check it out. Great site, great forums!

"snakeeater" is bobbing his "new" M-35 in my shop right now. Maybe he'll post some pics as he goes along. Hint, hint.

My first MV was a '63 M-37 I bought as a project from Memphis Equipment. Did a body-off restoration that was a lot of fun. Sold it to a guy in the far northeast when I had to move due to a job change. Right now I have an M-62 gasser and an M-292 multifuel (which is for sale, BTW). For a while, I had an M-55 8" self-propelled howitzer that wouldn't self-propel :p. Sold it to a museum in CA.

Will be looking for an 800-series in the near future. Would cut off an appendage for an M-656 or -757. Also, would like to get a flat-fender M-38 project in the next year or so.

My shop in the suburbs of Medon, TN is always open to MV'ers, especially if you bring beer or other adult beverage.

Regards,

Rick

davidkroberts

25 yrs experience but I can tell you he's probably just as clueless as the rest of us. Decent enough guy which I really hate to admit but oh well. Ive known him about five years or so.

Myself, Chut1st, and Snakeeater got the rear axle under the truck and are mechanically complete except for brakelines and needing some Ubolts fabricated ( stock ones are too short by an inch or two). Once thats resolved its just shortening and mounting the bed and new tires and wheels. I cannot be around tomorrow for the smoewhat possible completion but the work will go on (probably quicker) without me.:-D

I think Chut will post some pics later he had his camera clickin away so we'll see.

snakeater

Point of fact, i just got home from Chut1st's fine establishment. reminded me of the cat humping the skunk, he said " I havn't had all I wanted, but I have had all I can stand"........

Work continues tomorrow on the deuce bag bobber, run into a herdle as dave mentioned. I will be jumping it in the AM tomorrow. Goal for tomorrow is to back it out of the shop under it's own power and take it for a spin. Preferably with a shortened bed attatched. Monday brings the new tires and wheels and hopefully the semi-completion of this project. Paint and HEATER will bring it home. Power steering later, if needed. Can't wait to take it to our local ORV area and see how fast I can tear it up. Snakeater

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks