• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

another noob from Missouri

Gunworm

howdy:-D:-D

I just got my first retired military vehicle. a 1984 M1009 CUCV blazer. so, I thought I would stop in here and say hi and hopefully find some useful info to keep this thing moving.

looks like a great site, I cant wait to learn more about my new vehicle, and bother y'all with more questions that you have already answered.:razz:

I just picked the blazer up last night and hauled it home. bought the thing on ebay. when I got it home, I discovered the headlights stopped working. I didnt have time to check anything yet. just dropped it off at home and had to head back to work and drive to Massachusetts. y'all have any idea what I should check first? I dont know if I shook something loose or what.

sedone

Hey Gunworm,
Have you checked the service light toggle switches? That is assuming that you have the original wiring set up. The Blackout settings can be confusing. BTW, I am a fellow CUCV driver from Ava, MO. Maybe I'll see ya on the road sometime!
Cheers, Sedone

Gunworm

hehe.

thanks for the welcome. I finally figured out the switches and got the headlights working...and found out that the passenger side one is out.:razz:

this vehicle looks like it's going to be a fun project. I dont know a whole lot about working on vehicles....so it's time for me to really learn something.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks