• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ohio GL trucks moving to Alabama ?

TACTICAL6

Okay, I noticed many trucks in the lot at Columbus, and not many on the GL site. None lateley, The last few days I have seen deuces being hauled off post with a current auction "3890" in the windows. Probably more than 20 of them. They never showed on the auction site. I asked one of the truckers today where they were going. He told me to another GL site in Alabama.

I know everyone speculates wildly when something comes up with GL, but does anybody know for sure why they would pay to have them moved to another GL site? Is Columbus still going to sell from their location?

Armada

Many of the trucks in Michigan GL lots have come from Columbus recently. I was almost 2 years ago when MI was sending all of theirs to Columbus.

JeepMan

Perhaps it has something to do with the postings about GL wanting someone(s) that can handle 100 or more trucks at a time at a central location. Has anymore been said about these "mass" auctions??

jpcj-7

Larry at Columbus told me that his trucks would be going to MI. and that they would no longer be selling trucks/trailers at Columbus. GL lost the lease on their outside lot, so I was told. Wright-Patterson still has trucks......for now.

maxpowercheck

I was at DRMO Redstone last week and the the GL guy told me they were expecting over 400 2.5 ton trucks inbound for sale...

Now do I need one? What do you guys do with them? I have kicked the idea around but man, where do you hide the thing? :roll:

jpcj-7

I was at DRMO Redstone last week and the the GL guy told me they were expecting over 400 2.5 ton trucks inbound for sale...

Now do I need one? What do you guys do with them? I have kicked the idea around but man, where do you hide the thing? :roll:

You so need one or two! If they have 400 coming in price may drop.....The M35A2 is a great truck for the money you can't even think about a ATV for price you pay for a deuce...

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Redstone is good for me :-D. 100 miles away. I know you northern guys hate it though :cry:.

FreightTrain

Banned
hee hee hee,This is our way to get back at all you yankees for the southern hillbilly jokes we have had to listen to for decades.Neener Neener Neener!

OldGoat

400 at Redstone? Woohoo! I think I could probably fit about 8 deuces in my back yard :)
Don't get too excited. In the big picture, this will screw up the resale price. Sure, they will be cheap as dirt (maybe cheaper, I bought dirt last year & it was pretty high) in your area and stay that way. Most won't ship one for a $1.50 a mile . The best thing for this hobby is an even distribution.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks