• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Frame number location on M151A2 'Mutts'

tamangel

a few of you may have read my correspondence with the Malta Historic Vehicle Trust guy who mentioned that, along with some deuces they received from USDOD, the y also got some M151A2 'mutts'.. He also said that alot of data plates were missing from their equipment. I did locate a few photos on locations of frame #'s on deuces and was wondering if someone could supply locations and possible photos of the location of any ID/frame numbers for the mutt so this guy could start his historic research on the vehicles he has..

Any help would be appreciated. Hopefully he will become a momber of SS and will chime in.. on his needs..

the original thread on the Deuce thread:

post #11
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?t=30382&highlight=malta

Would it be a good idea to create a 'stickey' entitled 'ID / frame number locations' that could be used as a research source for all MV's.. or does one already exist..?

Mike

“Most of the mistakes in thinking are inadequacies of perception rather than mistakes of logic.”
Edward de Bono quotes (Francis Charles Publius) Maltese Psychologist and Writer,

Last edited:

ida34

I think the fords had a budd number at the top of the firewall but it is not the vehicle serial number. Look on the driver's side of the transmission tunnel behind the lines to the gas tank. This is the place where a plate should be that has the proper serial number. Sometimes the plate is missing. My M151A1 has no numbers besides the ones on the title.

cobra5

The Ford A-1's had BUDD tags that are attached to the top center area of the firewall. On A-2's there is a tag on the body to the left of the transmission tunnel. Easiest way to find it, is to sit in the drivers seat and reach down by your right leg. However, these numbers don't match the serial numbers that you would find on the data plate. The best way to research the vehicle is to obtain the hood numbers and any markings found on the front bumper or rear bumperettes. More than likely these numbers and markings are painted over so he will have to light sand the areas to find the info. BTW the hood numbers are the serial number of the vehicle.

tamangel

Malta Mutt's..

a recent message from the Malta Trust guy... and some pics..

"Here are some of the Mutts. Unfortunately all these have now been sold and
it is unlikely we can get any access. (originally we were hoping to inherit
at least one but that has now gone by the board)"

Mike W

photo #1 labeled as : Ford M151A1 Mutt

photo #2 labeled as : Ford M151A2 Mutt

photo #3 labeled as : Ford M151A Mutt

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks