• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Parts Truck Arrived Today

ryanaero

Well guys, the first M-37 is sitting in my hangar and it already smells like liquid wrench :D Only took about 5 minutes to have both doors off. Cab looks good, no rust under the seats, battery box is solid and lower corners are solid. Two rust thru spots each side of the cab vent but it's flat metal so should be easy to fix. I'm gonna remove the cab, take it down to get blasted then fix the rust. Bed is great except tailgate and right side panel (got dented bad). Great that it comes apart...should be salvagable. No engine or drivetrain, rear diff is gutted, old Jeep rearend strapped to the front so it'll roll...it's a sorry sight BUT...it's pure gold to me.

Wyattearp

Ryanero, i have seen worse that turned out to eye catchers, just time and patience and some monies but the first 2 are the key, trust me i know this, cause i can see my deuce already with new paint, and as they say if you can imagine it you can make it happen.
GOOD LUCK WITH IT

ryanaero

Thanks Wyattearp....half the fun is cleaning it up and looking for "treasures" under the seats etc. The other one should be here tomorrow or Saturday...what fun. Thanks for the vote of support.

ryanaero

No Kidding Longhunter...I paid $280. for the parts truck and @ $1000. to get it here...oh well...the gas tank is in superb shape as is the bedfloor....literally a ton of good parts...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks