• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

16.00r20's on a 50's m35 or m215

chevycrew

I know its a long project, but i would like some info or feedback from people who have either done this or have seen it done. I just stumbled on the tires, I have enough to single it out with either xzl's or xl's in the 16.00r20 size. I am guessing i need to lift it, lift the bed, space out the rear axles, and add power steering. But im sure there is so much im missing. If anyone has any tricks to make this easy by swapping out military parts ( like five ton springs) I would appreciate it. Any and all ideas and details will be considered and researched. Damn 4x4 bug, the size of the truck being modified just keeps getting bigger...

thank you all
steve

army70deuce

I'm looking at adding 16.00R20s as well because I wanted tires a little larger than the NDTs my M35A2 came with. Will the 16R20s work or am I going to have to do all the things mentioned above. I think larger wider tires would look better on the M35A2 and fill the wheel wells better but if it's going to be a pain I'll let the deal on the tires go by and wait for something smaller like 395/85R20s. I don't really need 52inch tires.

Thanks

Pinz25086

I lost quite a bit of the low end when going to 395's. I am not sure that I would buy another set that large. Yes it looks great but the performance loss was not worth the looks in my opinion. I would never go larger than these and expect it to work well off road.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks